Sunday, August 15, 2010

Oregonia!


Touchdown in Oregon! And the surgery countdown has begun: T-minus 39 hours. The weather here was incredible today. It's almost enough to make me think about moving back--almost, but not quite.

I had a nice day with my mom in Portland after she picked me up from the airport. We went to the Japanese Gardens, then had lunch and did a little shopping. Portland is a great city; if it weren't for the weather I could totally
imagine living there.

Now I'm at my mom's place setting up my command center. We hauled a mattress and a box spring up from the guest bedroom in the basement and set up a makeshift bed for me in the office, since it's on the ground floor. I think it will be a very comfortable place to convalesce. Alas, I've been here for less than an hour and already all my possessions are covered with dog and cat hair :P

I have a few friends around town who I feel like I should reach out to, but frankly I'm feeling pretty reluctant right now. I probably should make the effort now since I'll be better able to socialize while I can still walk, but I'm really just obsessed with my knee these days. I've felt very introverted and goal-oriented since *the incident*: it's been hard for me to make time for people, and I don't feel like that's even remotely a priority for me. Apparently, side effects of an ACL tear may include: hermitage. That will probably change after a few days of being cooped up in my mom's house though... I'm sure I'll be begging people to come hang out with me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment