Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Some days are bad and then some days are pretty ok. I guess that's true of everyone all the time though...

The last time I wrote was on a bad day: last Friday definitely defeated me. Then the weekend was pretty mixed, because I did some fun things but had some serious knee pain and fatigue as well, which left me feeling frustrated. Today, on the other hand... Today for the first time since *the incident*, I woke up and had to think for a sec about which knee was hurt. I wasn't acutely aware of it, and I wasn't sleeping in a weird position to deliberately protect my knee. There were moments today when it felt almost... Normal. And the cherry on top: I went to the park with some friends to watch a concert tonight, and when I got there people remarked that I wasn't noticeably limping anymore! So yeah, I guess I'd call that a good day, at least in knee terms.

Doing normal things makes me feel more comfortable with the idea of post-surgery rehab. It's going to suck for awhile, but then it will be ok. And even though 6-9 months sounds like a really long time, for most of that time I'll be able to walk and get around fairly normally. I just need to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment