Wednesday, September 1, 2010

2 weeks down...


14 days since my surgery, and this is where I'm at:

-My knee is starting to feel more comfortable. There's less of a dull pain all the time, and I'm sleeping better at night as a result. I still can't comfortably sit with it bent though.

-I'm putting more weight on it every day. I was on just one crutch all day today (although I didn't leave the house once, so that's not much of an accomplishment).

-I still have three steri-strips on, and although it's healing, the big wound on the front of my knee is still looking pretty gross. I could probably pull those steri-strips off but I want to let them come off on their own, just in case. My shin is also still kind of sore where I lost a layer (or 5) of skin where it was all taped up at the hospital.

-I know I've made progress, but I'm feeling pretty down in the dumps. I'm frustrated. I think a big part of that is because I've been cooped up in the house all day. I was going to go out tonight to see some friends, but I realized that the bar they're at is small, crowded, and only has stools (no chairs or benches) so I opted out. Not a very crutch- or leg brace-friendly environment!

I feel like I've slipped into this gross, lethargic state of being half-awake all the time. The days pass, but I don't know what I'm doing to fill the time. It's not like I've been doing a ton of reading or watching lots of movies or t.v., either. The time just slips away...

3 days until I fly home. I'm getting anxious. About work, going back to school, getting around the city, having enough time to rehab correctly, everything. *Ride to Montauk, ride to Montauk, ride to Montauk...*

No comments:

Post a Comment